Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Really Cool Birthday Present

As is often the case, I’m a little late to the party (see First-time Fatherhood at Forty-Four), but I’m having fun. Tami and Nessa gave me an iPod Classic for my birthday, and I’m just starting to really get going with it. I’m slowly loading my CD collection, which means I have access to much more music at work. In fact, I'm listening to it right now. :-)

As I always suspected would be the case, the real beauty is being able to get individual songs on the fly. Last night I heard a beautiful daddy-daughter song on the car radio (“Cinderella” by Steven Curtis Chapman). When I got home I went on iTunes, bought the song, put it on my iPod, and was able to play it for Tami about 90 minutes after I heard it for the first time.

Now that’s what I call instant gratification! This “internet” thing just might have a future…

No comments: