Saturday, June 14, 2008

Apparently I wasn't just being paranoid...

I've had a feeling for some time that the company I work for was going to decide to do company-wide or selective layoffs. I tried to tell myself that I was just being paranoid. I wasn't being paranoid.

No, not me. I still have my job ... I still get to do 5 weeks of work in 2 weeks.

Tuesday afternoon three of my co-works were not as fortunate. I do not know the number throughout the larger corporation, but it was supposedly not only La Crosse that experienced cuts.

Now that I know I'm not being paranoid though I'll be increasing my job search in my spare moments (ha!) and being a little more public about it. Fortunately for me I have never been more excited about the technical writing profession. I think there are many exciting opportunities available in technical writing.

No comments: