Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It Makes A Father Proud

While going through Nessa’s bedtime routine last night, at one point I said the word “praying”. Nessa looked at me with a big smile and a twinkle in her eye (I swear I don’t know where she gets that from) and said “Craying?”

“No, I said ‘praying’,” I responded. “It’s time to say your prayers. When you say your prayers, you’re praying.”

She looked right at me with that same smile and said “And when I color, I’m craying!”

Her first pun! At age three!!!

I get all choked up just thinking about it…


---------------
P.S. Shawn wrote this back in June but it is showing up as unpublished ... not sure if a version was published previously or not, but as part of my blog cleanup I'm going to publish it now ... fi you've already read this, enjoy the flashback to Nessa's playing with language several months ago. ~Tami

No comments: