Monday, April 28, 2008

It's A Good Thing It's Spring...

... 'cause if this is spring, I can't take any more winter.

My beautiful river view at work currently consists of snow flying horizontally across the window. This is never good.

The sky is so grey I can't see the bluffs on the far side of the Mississippi. Temperatures are a good 15-20 degrees below average for this time of year. All I can do is sit here and think of Jimmy Buffet songs: "Boat Drinks", "One Particular Harbor", and others.

I remember it snowing in early May in Northfield MN when I was a freshman in college, but other than that this is the latest I can remember it snowing. And yet, thanks to all the moisture we've been getting, my lawn is green and the dandelions have already started to appear.

I don't suppose there's any chance that the snow will kill the dandelions...

No comments: