Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Overheard: "I don't want to sleep alone"

Yes, after MUCH APPRECIATED nighttime toddler bliss our sweet girl is throwing us for a new loop and ever since Saturday Nessa has sweetly informed us each night as we tuck her in: "I don't want to sleep alone."

We were so spoiled we found ourselves quite unequipped to deal with this gracefully ... so far we have all been able to get the most rest if I lay down with her for awhile and then sleepily go to my own bed after she is asleep. However, this morning she woke up about an hour before the alarm would have sounded because she woke up and she wanted me ... hmmm. So, long term that may not be the best solution but she has been a little stressed lately it seems as she has been "regressing" (baby talk, etc.) so I didn't want to add any more stress as we figure out how to gently deal with this and get everyone to sleep.

In the meantime I'm not really tired (hey, I'm going to bed earlier!) but I am missing my dear husband as that hour or two between Nessa's bedtime and my bedtime were pretty darn precious to us ... and I'm not getting anything done at night this week ... add to that the extra hours I'm working on my deadline project at work and all of the holiday activities ... it all adds up to not having enough time and of course being WAY behind on blog posts -- especially photos.

Sigh ... this too shall pass...

No comments: