Wednesday, March 08, 2006

General updates

It's been awhile since we did a post full of tidbits updating everyone on us ... so here goes ...

Shawn has as usual been quite busy at work. The big news is that soon he will be working for Business Objects -- without every changing jobs of course as Business Objects is in the process of acquiring Firstlogic (April 3rd is the transition day I believe). We hope and expect the transition to go smoothly. The other recent news is that Shawn is now a member of our church council at Good Shepherd Lutheran church. Oh, and Shawn continues to be amazed at his near enjoyment of keeping a tidy kitchen ... that at and Tami's inability to follow a recipe. ;-)

Tami -- hmmm, what's new with me other than I again have to clean the oven due to recipe problems. :-) Well, I'm busy online a lot between ebay sales and my involvement in online lists. I'm also at the very beginning stages of the process to hopefully begin a local ICAN chapter (www.ican-online.org) here in the La Crosse area again. I've also been exercising as much as I can fit it into my schedule, and although I get frustrated at my lack of finding a set schedule I do manage one or two yoga or yogalates classes a week and doing a combination of aerobic and strength training on the machines at the fitness club at least three days a week. My arms and hands are also getting a work out many evenings as I wind down after the girls are asleep by slowly making my way through War and Peace.

Megan attended her first sleepover birthday party recently and while she had a blast the rest of us were treated to a grumpy girl much of the rest of the weekend. Megan recently finished an acting class through the community theatre and enjoyed putting on a small play for all of the parents the last day of class. Megan is also excited to be registered for her first choice in Girl Scout Camp -- The Sophisticated Ladies -- they get makeovers and a limo ride -- my how camp has changed! Megan's other big news is that she will be getting reading glasses as soon as they're ready (I'll post a pic soon). Megan will likely also be getting additional vision therapy to help train her eyes to work together in the near future. Megan is as excited as I am at having a bit of information about what could be causing her some extra challenges with her reading. We have a couple more appointments to go to before we know more details though so we'll share more when we know more.

Nessa -- well, you'll get a full update in a few weeks when she turns one!!! And of course as she's the one changing and growing the most, I'll continue to post lots of pics. Nessa seems to learn new things every day. She's starting to pull herself up around the furniture or other objects more often, but is still fairly timid about it so I think walking is still a ways off (and I don't mind!). Nessa loves to play games with us and her happy and interesting faces always fill the rest of the house with laughter. Lately it seems that I can't catch her best smiles when I take pictures though so you'll just have to believe me that sometimes her whole face lights up! Nessa is pretty watchful about where her mom is too and once started crying when I put on the same sweatshirt I had put on right before I left for a few hours that Saturday morning! She does; however, love to watch and play with other kids and has enjoyed some time at the fitness center childcare while I work out and this Sunday spent some time at the nursery without either of us there with her.

So many changes every day...

No comments: