Monday, May 21, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggedy Jog

I'm finally home from my moderately awful San Jose trip. Naturally, the flight home could not be uneventful either. I got to Minneapolis just fine, but once we had all boarded the very hot plane to La Crosse, the computer wouldn't let it take off. So after 30+ minutes of sweltering on that plane, we got off, trooped to another gate, and waited for a plane from Nashville to land so we could take that plane to La Crosse. End result, instead of getting to La Crosse at around 8:10 PM on Friday, I got here a little after 9:30 PM. It was after 10:30 before we got home and got Nessa to bed. Nessa and Tami were troopers, though--putting up with the delays and schedule changes with a minimum of fuss. We were all very happy to see each other, and there were many hugs and kisses both at the airport and at the house. It's good to be home again.

Unfortunately, my brother Kevin and nephew Max got sick up at my parents' house, so they were not able to come to La Crosse this weekend. We're sad, because we were very much looking forward to seeing them, and especially to seeing Nessa and Max together now that they're both walking and talking. We'll have to find a time to get together with them as soon as possible.

On Saturday I looked through my pictures from San Francisco, and there are a few good ones. I'll get those posted with some commentary when I get a chance. Otherwise, I'm just enjoying being home again!

No comments: