Thursday, September 22, 2005

She did it!

Nessa Rolled over from her back to tummy!!!

We've been waiting for this for a long time and she's come oh so close SO many times. Finally, last night, Wednesday, September 21st, she rolled over from her back to her tummy. And I think she's figuring out that it's a way to move and reach things! Or, would that be an Uh-Oh on my part ... I better get the house baby proofed soon. :-)

Last night was the Law and Order premiere (I'm kind of a junkie although I don't set me schedule around it) and although the show wasn't as good as I hoped it would be the fact that I ended up getting Nessa's PJ's on in the living room on the floor rather than in her room on the changing table led to the excitement of her rolling over. So, it's all good. :-)

I was letting her have some naked time before getting her snuggly jammies on when I stopped talking and playing with her for a minute to turn my attention elsewhere. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed her rolling to her side as she so often does. As always I continued to watch in hope of a total roll over. And then ... She was on her tummy! I clapped and clapped which of course got a HUGE smile and even some giggly shrieks.

So, then I yelled for Shawn to come upstairs. Yes, in a strange effort to not disturb the "I can roll over" session I yelled rather than going to get him. He thought there was some sort of emergency as he rushed upstairs so his reaction wasn't quite what I was hoping for when I told him that Nessa rolled over. And he wasn't exactly thrilled when she wouldn't do it again for him.

Shawn grew tired of waiting for a repeat performance and returned to his Wednesday night chores. Nessa then rolled over about four more times for me. Finally, about a half hour later she showed Daddy that Mommy was indeed telling the truth and not making a fool of herself with applause and shrieks for nothing.

This morning I wondered if she would only do it while naked (Megan rolled over only naked for a long time before doing it when dressed). When I set Nessa down next to the desk to do a quick email reply she showed me that she could indeed roll over while dressed. She also showed me she could reach the stack of papers to be filed, the cords from the computer, and anything else remotely nearby!

No comments: