Monday, August 22, 2005

The weekend and Nessa while we cleaned

When I posted the week in review I wanted to make sure I thought of stuff from earlier in the week and then forgot all about the weekend ...


We had company both Saturday and Sunday which was great both because it was great seeing everyone and because it gave us a reason to clean up the house. So now that we can see the dining room table again and walk through Nessa's room again (remember those clothes that were too small? -- those and my maternity clothes were in piles in her room until Sunday afternoon), I have a moment to post some photos about what Nessa was doing while the rest of us were cleaning.


Some days I think I'll have to figure out how to clean with Nessa in one of the baby carriers I use, but this weekend she was pretty content to watch baby Einstein videos (as seen with her reclining on the boppy pillow), play in her exer-saucer, and wit near me in the bouncy chair between eating and napping. It worked out well and we took time out to play breaks together too. I think Nessa had a break from the teething irritation this weekend too so that helped a lot.

Sadly I didn't take any photos when our company was here, but we did enjoy our time together.

Saturday Nessa was able to get a glimpse of what life should be like in six months or so -- as a mobile baby (as did mom and dad!). My friend Rachel and her family stopped over and her son, Ben, is an adorable, on-the-go- 10 1/2 month old.

Then Sunday evening Grandpa Bob and Grandma Jan stopped over for the night on their way to Annapolis. We had a nice supper, walked to the park, and watched Nessa swing in the baby swing in the back yard.







Sunday I also caught Ginger relaxing in a basket I had recently emptied while cleaning. Sometimes we still rush to take photos of the fury kids too. :-)

No comments: