Thursday, May 01, 2008

Just Because

I realized yesterday that it had been a while since I'd sent Tami an "I Love You!" email. So I started one "just because" that turned into a little poem. Tami liked it, so I thought I'd post it here and dedicate it to Tami:

Just Because

Just because it's sunny out today...
Just because I like to feel this way...
Just because it's been awhile, I guess...
Just because I'm happy you said "Yes"...
Just because you've made my life so grand...
Just because I like to hold your hand...
Just because of vows I'd once more swear...
Just because our little girl is there...
Just because it's great to have a friend...
Just because I don't want it to end...
Just because I think you ought to know...
Just because it may not always show...

...I'll make sure I say it loud and clear:
I love you with all my heart, my dear!

Love, always and forever,
Shawn

1 comment:

Tami of BrooksGroth said...

Just for the record ...

this took my totally by surprise and, as usual, still melted my heart. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to this... I love you too Shawn, always and forever. :-)