Friday, January 02, 2009

Home Sweet Home

OK, so I'm a little late on this. I guess I'm used to keeping everyone up-to-date via text messages and facebook/twitter updates! So, for those of you not yet joining us on those pages, please do. :-)

For everyone else, and for the record -- we arrived home on Tuesday afternoon about 3 p.m. and were able to get in the house about 3:30 after Shawn cleared the driveway a bit! We got a little snow while we were gone (sorry, no photo of that this year). The weather this morning said we're way ahead of snow fall for the season so far and had the 4th snowiest December on record. This makes me especially glad to have missed some of it!

I have to tell you that I miss the warm weather of Texas. I don't know what other warm-weather spots are like this time of year, but even with their "unseasonably cool" weather, I could get used to Texas weather in the winter and now totally get why there are over a million Winter Texans "in the valley." :-)

By the numbers:
14 days,
3454.2 miles, and
67 hours 32 minutes driving (includes all miles/driving time in Brownsville area)


See all those little tracking numbers in the mini-van are good for something!

I have to admit that we were all getting a bit stir crazy by the time we arrived home. We learned a lot about traveling during the trip, and in general I really enjoyed it and think it went well. One of the biggest things I learned about myself is that I will NOT get the zillion things done that I take with me when I have girls to interrupt me with requests every few minutes ... besides someone had to read the AAA books we took with us.

Now, it's on to posting pics and more from the trip!

No comments: