Friday, October 07, 2005

Six months already?!?

Well, technically six months and five days already! I wanted to wait until we had the official weigh-in stats from her 6 month well check before posting. That was Wednesday and somehow it's Friday already!

So, for those keeping track Nessa is 18 pounds 7.5 ounces and 26.56 inches long.

As a side note several people have approached us in public asking us if she's a big baby. Shawn has decided I should tell them, 'No, she's a midget.' Instead, I just look at them blankly until they give her a compliment and move on.

It seems as if these months just keep going by faster and faster. I just looked back at my 5 month post and it seems like yesterday.

Most of Nessa's changes and accomplishments have been posted here as they happened this month with the exception of changes in her sleep schedule -- or current lack of schedule as the case may be. As she was turning five months I was just beginning to get used to her sleeping without being swaddled by the mighty miracle blanket (http://www.miracleblanket.com/) (at 4 months I would have told you that I didn't think it would happen this year) and her sleep schedule was changing but she was still sleeping more than I had ever imagined a baby of mine sleeping. Suddenly at 6 months she's sleeps considerably less than she did just a couple of weeks ago. Who was it that said not to get used to her sleeping so well at night and napping for hours at a time? Oh yeah, it was me. I should have listened.

Nessa still chews and drools enough that everyone comments on her teething, but of course there are still no teeth to show for it (not that I'm complaining). She only rolls over slightly more now that she can than she did when she couldn't. She sits up unassisted for several minutes at a time, but only enjoys it if someone is on the floor interacting with her while she is sitting there. Nessa still LOVES to stand in her exersaucer to play with toys and watch Baby Einstein videos (and I'm getting over my mom guilt at letting her do it). Nessa also still loves to be carried in the pouch and will smile when I get it out when she's tired (I, on the other hand, am starting to feel her 18+ pounds when bouncing her to sleep in it).

It seems that Nessa learns to do new things with her toys nearly every day. The one "toy" I don't enjoy her playing with is my hair. If it were random pulling that would be one thing, but Nessa enjoys using my hair to pull herself up to a stand and then as a balance guide, and then after she's staning up with her face right up by my hair it must look really yummy as she chews on it every time. Luckily she now believes me that applesauce is a much better snack. I don't think I'll be able to convince her that it is not a delightfully convenient rope for a few years though.

And speaking of hair, Nessa's is growing. Of course we're the only ones that can tell that her hair has grown this month.

We love you Nessa and we can't wait to see what the next six months bring!

No comments: